Tuesday, May 8, 2012

This and That

Today I have a little hodge podge of goodies to show off.
First I want to share something about Migraines.  I have killer migraines, and the cost of the medicine that works is enough to kill ya too.  The other day I was having one of the worst migraines I have ever had.  Nothing was helping and I was beginning to think the only way to get relief was going to the hospital for a pain shot.  However, through the blazing pain I remembered reading that Lavender and Chamomile Essential Oils helped migraines.  At that point I would try anything.  So, I mixed some Lavender, Chamomile and Olive Oil and rubbed it on my forehead, temples, cheeks and neck.  Now I'm not going to tell you it took the migraine away, but after about 5 mins I can say the intensity had lessened.  It was tolerable, I could remove my sunglasses and come out of hiding.  So, with that being said keep this in mind in case you ever find yourself with a killer migraine.

Ok, back to business!!  I would like to introduce you to my 2 newest products.  First is my Organic Aloe and Cucumber Eye Gel.  I have terrible bags under my eyes.  I always have, they are even in my baby pictures.  I use this every night before bed.  I love this gel because even though its not refrigerated when you put it on it is so cool and within minutes you can feel the skin tightening around your eyes.
Aloe and Cucumber Eye Gel
The Organic Aloe Gel has over 18 vitamins and amino acids in it.  We all know that cucumbers are great for soothing and relaxing the sensitive skin of the eye.  I also add a splash of Witch Hazel.  Witch Hazel is known for tightening the skin, so it makes it a perfect ingredient for this.  They all work together beautifully to help reduce the appearance of fine lines, and puffiness.

My 2nd treat today is my Shea Butter Wrinkle Cream.  Unfortunately wrinkles are a fact of life, but we don't have to accept them.  I apply this every morning and wow my face is soft.
Shea Butter is rich in Vitamins A & E.  Both of these aid in preventing premature wrinkles and helps the elasticity of skin to diminish the signs of wrinkles.
Shea Butter Wrinkle Cream
Three other yummy ingredients are Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and Organic Petroleum Jelly.  I know Organic Petroleum Jelly.  I have nothing against the real petroleum jelly but some do, so better to be safe than sorry.

Remember to be good to the skin you're in!

No comments:

Post a Comment